Tally Data Consolidation, Tally Data Cleansing project from West India
Deployment of Turbodata for Retail company based out of Western India
Source system: multiple installation of Tally ERP 9.1.
Problem : The end client desired to have a custom installation of Turbodata based on the unique requirements of its business. The product shall be used for designing a custom web interface for customer interaction. The key tenets of the solution that differed from the standard deployment of turbodata were as follows:
· Standard price list instead of weighted average or FIFO pricelist.
· Closing stock value was to be calculated at a godown and item level.
· The solution was to work across multiple locations seamlessly with maximum RAM usage been 1 GB for both initial and incremental data loads.
· Custom masters extraction for item, stock group, category .
· GST classification to be extracted for the end client.
Time duration of the project: 2 weeks.
Approach of the ETL team:
· Choosing the appropriate set of attributes to be loaded based on the modular approach. That is the required fields to be loaded for ledger and inventory were chosen.
· Custom extraction for the tables: The process of normalization helped in the same since the attribute is to be loaded only once.
· Testing of initial and incremental data loads in terms of time and load on the system. The incremental data load process helped at reducing the time of data load.
· Data cleansing: special characters were removed from the item names. Also separation of the numeric values from the character fields
· Data consolidation: multiple types of voucher types were loaded onto the datawarehouse.
Project has been done successfully. Hereafter the end client shall go for a MVC interface over the datawarehouse for reporting and customer interaction purposes.